so named for its incredible ability to help one avoid eye-contact when having a conversation and avoid readings and translations that should be completed.
This is a 100% original recipe – be warned. I really liked it though!
1 lb mild italian sausage
1/2 cup dried lentils, cooked as per package directions
1 can V8 juice (any veggie blend will do)
1/2 small onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp curry powder
1 cup slow-cooking rice
1. Fry italian sausage in a large pan over medium heat, removing the meat from the casings and breaking into small bits with your spatula/wooden sppon. Cook right through and them remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl lined with paper towels (to absorb nasty grease).
2. Meanwhile, cook rice as per package directions substituting a tomato juice for water. Add enough water to follow the directions, but no more.
3. Drain pan of grease and return sausage to pan adding onion, carrots, garlic and curry powder over a medium heat until onion is translucent.
4. Add lentils and rice to pan. Mix quickly.
5. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.